Although you are on holiday, do not neglect the basic safety rules common to major tourist cities.
- Do not leave valuables visible
- In public transport carry your back bags before you, and your other bags preferably shoulder
- Buy your transport tickets only at the desk (beware of fake tickets sellers)
- Opt for safe places to use your smartphones or tablets: Inside the basilica, tourist office, cafe.
- Let your airline or train tickets at the hotel, photocopy of your ID
- Prefer payments by credit cards to cash payments.