A school out of time in the heart of Saint-Denis
Education house of the Legion of Honour is located in the former royal abbey of Saint-Denis.
Since the Middle Ages, a religious community moved to the tomb of Saint Denis in order to maintain and accommodate the pilgrims. With influential abbots and protection of the kings of France, the spiritual fame of the abbey beyond the borders of the kingdom.
The whole abbey was rebuilt several times, it takes the form we know today in the 18th century. It was in 1791 when the monastic orders were suppressed by the Convention, the buildings are abandoned and even threatened a time of destruction.
Napoleon visiting Saint-Denis, decided to allocate to the second house of education for girls, the first is Ecouen.
This continues to function well, welcoming each year nearly 500 students of the second degree.
Visits only by reservation at the Tourist Office