A legacy of Louis XVIII along the Seine
The current castle was built on the site of a castle built between 1664 and 1669.
Louis XVIII bought the estate and instructed its architect to build, in his sketches, a new building for his favorite, and the castle was opened May 2, 1823.
During the two world wars, it is in turn converted into a hospital and air defense post.
Owned by the city since 1958, it becomes a place open to all, which now houses temporary exhibitions and the Municipal Conservatory of Music, dance and theater .The rooms on the ground floor, which are decorated, were classified "historical monument" in 1965.
It can only be visited only on rare occasions.