Epinay-Villetaneuse train station
It was built in 1880 on the railway line Paris-Lille. Moreover, the Jean-Jaures avenue formerly called the Railway Avenue, and the area around it developed rapidly with the building of houses, station of Epinay being only 10 minutes from the Gare du Nord train .
Take the road to Saint-Leu or bus 156 in the direction of Saint-Denis, stop at "Yser" to discover the garden city Blumenthal.
Take Jules Siegfried Street. The law of the same name, dealing with the creation of low-cost housing was passed in 1894. The street is lined with flags grouping sometimes four units.
These individual units are part of the 325 that make up this set. Despite the work done by the owners, we can recognize some original features, a millstone wall, fence, concrete, brick siding.
This is one of the three city-garden of Epinay-sur-Seine. It was built on the initiative of the skins merchant Willy Blumenthal from 1911.
Just like the city called "Everyone at home" the architect and designer is Georges Vaudoyer.
The entrance on the rue de la République is marked by two collective residential buildings, which form a sort of gate of the city.
The facilities will be built from 1920, square, ballroom, shops.
Willy Blumenthal will create around the city a social service project for the poorest people.
Chacun chez soi (Everyone in his own house)
The city-garden was built in 1908 to house the workers of the tannery Blumenthal.
The land was chosen for its accessibility from Saint-Denis by tram. It corresponded to what Hygienists expected due to its location along the Seine principles, and the quality of its construction, spaced to allow air circulation. Small individual gardens allow the workersome leisure, away from harmful influences he could find elsewhere.
From the outset, the pavilions are homeownership by lease.
Le square des Mobiles
On the evening of September 19, 1870, the Prussians entered the village of Epinay.
In November the troops clashed and 36 guards were killed. The land was bought by the town in 1900 to erect the monument to their memory.
The cross St. Mark was built on the site of a destroyed church.
Rose Bertin's house
The fashion-seller of queen Marie Antoinette, Rose Bertin chosed to have rests in Epinay, far from its activities in the capital.
She had a shop in the rue Saint-Honoré in "Le Grand Mogol". She took refuge in his house in the street "La rue du Bord de l'eau" during the turmoil of the revolution and this is where she ended his days in 1813.
At the 10 rue du Mont, you are in front of the Villa St. Joseph, who was a Jesuit retreat house, itself located in an old house in the middle of a large park extending to the Seine.
In 1913, it is an Austrian film producer Joseph Menchen who leases the property to create a movie studio. In 1929, he created the Société Anonyme sound films Tobis.
This church has undergone many constructions, reconstructions and restorations since the fifteenth century. Inside a tombstone commemorates the family Lalive de Bellegarde, relatives of the famous Madame d'Epinay who held court at the castle of Briche and another in memory of the son of Count Sommariva, one of the owners of the castle of Epinay of the nineteenth century.
The Orgemont city
Great set of Orgemont, originally called "Big Thicket", meets the housing shortage of the town in 1958. The architect Daniel Michelin will be responsible for the work. He composed a variation of towers and bars, surrounded by green spaces, culminating in the "obelisk" a 30-storey residential tower. A second tower planned was never built due to the limitation of high-rise buildings.
You are here in the Orgemont district, located west of Epinay-sur-Seine. It has been occupied for a long time by vineyards, orchards during the nineteenth century.
In 1929, a city-garden was laid out, all outstanding inhabited since 1931.
Accommodations are provided for rental and homeownership, which will be discontinued in 1933 due to the economic crisis.
Many facilities are built from the outset, sports fields, community center, health center, churches...
The passenger station was built in 1907, on the railway line Paris - Saint-Ouen Docks - Ermont-Eaubonne. It was intended to carry the vegetable productions of Gennevilliers and Epinay-sur-Seine to Paris. Its architecture is inspired by the style "golden age" of suburbs, mixing different materials.
Today is the station Transilien line C.